Updated: May 31, 2022 8:23 PM (IST)
Clean cut Ep – 12
Main titles of May 31, 2022
0.33 to 11.22
1. China enters Taiwan’s airspace for the second time this year with 30 fighter jets.
2. Amid the current economic crisis in Sri Lanka, India has extended the $500 million line of credit for fuel imports.
3. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has proposed to freeze handgun ownership in Canada following the recent mass shootings in the United States.
4. European leaders agreed on Monday to ban imports of Russian oil but exempted pipeline deliveries from the ban, as Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban warned that cutting off supplies would hurt his economy.
5. A UN report suggests that terrorist groups like Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM), Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan and Jamaat Ansarullah are hosted and protected. training grounds in Afghanistan by the Taliban.
1. Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann sets up a judicial commission to investigate the Sidhu Moose Wala case. Police are arresting five people from Dehradun in connection with the murder.
2. Terrorists kill a secondary school teacher in Kashmir on Tuesday.
3. The Directorate of Law Enforcement on Monday arrested Delhi Health Minister and AAP leader Satyendar Jain in connection with a money laundering case.
4. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Monday fined Indian airline Spice-jet Rs 10 lakh for training pilots of 737 MAX jets on a faulty simulator.
5. Delhi HC on Monday said the speech given by former JNU student Umar Khalid, arrested in a UAPA case linked to the alleged plot behind the February 2020 riots, in Amravati, Maharashtra, was in bad taste , but that does not make it a terrorist act.
Pop culture and sports updates.
1. Tom Cruise’s latest film, Top Gun: Maverick, debuts at the box office with $248 million, making it the highest of his career.
2. Impressed with Hardik Pandya’s ‘leadership ability’ in the 2022 Indian Premier League, former big hitter Sunil Gavaskar believes the all-around star has emerged as a strong contender to lead the Indian team in the near future.
Clear explanation of US gun laws and obstacles it faces in implementing stricter gun laws:-
11.23 to 17. 04
• 27 school shootings in the United States alone this year.
• 212 total mass shootings in the United States this year.
• The United States accounts for 5% of the total world population, but more than 46% of the world’s civilian gun owners reside in the United States.
• The Second Amendment to the US Constitution states that Americans have the right to bear arms.
• Republican politicians in the Senate will not vote for tougher gun laws.
• The National Rifle Association is the strongest professional firearms lobby in the country. He controls Americans from below and is backed by Republican lawmakers.
Host and Screenplay – Rudrashis Kanjilal
Production – Lalit
Clear-cut by ABP live Podcasts is a show designed for the simple truth that there is nothing more important to a democracy than a well-informed electorate. On this show, we’ll give a smooth rundown of the main stories of the day and talk about an issue that needs our attention because I’ll be your champion of facts and the mortal enemy of innuendo, speculation, hyperbole, and nonsense. I will make no effort to quell my opinion and will make every effort to share with you opinions that are different and out of step with mine. Listen to your clear reporter Rudrashis Kanjilal Monday-Thursday only on ABP Live podcasts.